Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Heading to the Desert

So for those of you that don't know, I'm going to be working at a camp this summer. It's called Ironwood Christian Camp and its located about 20 miles outside of Barstow. It's a camp with a western theme, which is where my job comes in. I'll be working with the horses all summer (pretty much the coolest job ever) which includes, but is not limited to: feeding/bathing/exercising horses, nursing horse injuries, help breed horses, teaching people how to ride, taking people out on trail rides, general maintenence on the camp, making pancakes for the Saturday morning breakfast on the bluffs, talking with kids after services about decisions they need to make, getting to witness the love and grace of Christ to kids who may have never heard about him. It really is an amazing experience and I am so blessed to be going back for a second summer. I start on June 2nd and will be done late August, days before I have to be back at school.
We don't really get much internet access out there. The only website we're allowed to get on is the camp's e-mail servor, (if you want to e-mail me, I would be so happy to hear from you :-D - IsaacComelli@ironwood.org) so I definitely won't be updating this during the summer. So I hope you all have a great summer and hopefully I'll hear from you :)

2 comments:

Katelin said...

I love horses! I even had my some saddle! have a great summer!

JannaMari said...

you breed the horses? that's... weird... you're like hitch... for horses. :)

you should email me. k?